Health Hazards: (Violation of a public health hazard may result
in immediate closure by the health inspector).
- Adequate supervision
- Minimum disinfectant risidual
- Proper clearance between pool and overhead electrical
wiring and no unprotected circuits/wiring within 10 feet of the pool.
- Emergency light source provided and functioning for
- Life saving equipment present at pool deck.
- Pool botom and main drain visible.
- Main drain securely in place.
- Proper depth markings present.
- Pool area properly enclosed and secured.
- No unapproved chemicals or application methods.
- No glass/sharp objects in pool or deck area.
| Records & Signs:
|| Filter room and Equipment:
- Valid operating permit posted.
- Injury/Illness reporting log maintained.
- Pool safety plan implemented
- Pool/Spa operation records maintained.
- Adequate turnover rate.
- Flow meter maintained and reading properly.
- Filters maintained and operating properly.
- Chemical feed equipment maintained and operating
- Gas Chlorinator properly housed, ventilated and
safety equipment provided
Maintenance & Supervision:
- Qualified aquatic supervisory staff/CPO on duty.
- Direct supervision of bathers provided and adequate
number of supervisory staff.
- Lifesaving equipment present and accessible.
- Pool fensed. Self-closing/latching gates or
- Pool deck unobstructed, clean, no standing
- Depth, safety markings, and float line in place.
- Adequate water depths for diving, slides, starting
- Equipment/Appurtenances; ladders, steps, rails
provided and secured.
- Electrical defects absent; electrical circuits
protected; adequate clearances for overhead wiring; compliance certificate for
- Adequate lighting. Surface glare and reflection
- Number of bathers controlled. Bathing capacity not
- Main drain grate secured in place.
- Water quality: pool clarity; bottom/sides clean.
- Pool water level maintained for adequate surface
- Overflow system, skimmers, weirs, valves, strainers
maintained and operating properly.
- Pool inlets provide adequate mixing.
- disinfectant/chemical treatment system maintained and
- Proper test kits available.
- Indoor pools adequately ventilated.
|Spas/special purpose pools: Additional
- Spa/Pool operation, water temperature, alarm
- Pools for physically disabled properly operated
- Movable bottom pools properly operated and
- White water slides properly operated and
- Bathhouse, shower, toilet facilities clean,
ventilated, and warn water, soap, hand drying, refuse storage and disposal
- Provided towels properly laundered.
- Potable water supply and sewage system adequate and